Novell DNS/DHCP Services
A Complete DNS/DHCP Solution
Novell® DNS/DHCP Services in NetWare® 6.5 provides eDirectory
integrated Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP), allowing centralized management
of the services.
Administrators can manage the DNS/DHCP Services using the Web-based
iManager 2.5 DNS/DHCP plug-in or the stand-alone DNS/DHCP Management Console.
New Features in Novell DNS
- All DNS configuration is managed in eDirectory, facilitating
- Standards-compliant, Bind 9.2- based DNS Server.
- Dynamic reconfiguration, auto-detection of DNS data
and configuration changes.
- Backward compatible with Novell DNS and DHCP Servers.
- Loosely bound with eDirectory, continues to
serve client requests when eDirectory is unavailable.
- ICE-based zone handler for data backup and migration.
Novell DHCP Features
- All DHCP configuration is managed in eDirectory, facilitating
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS) to update DNS with information about addresses assigned
- Supports both LAN and remote access clients.
- DHCP auditing can help diagnose problems. Each incident of address deletion, addition, and rejection is